Do you have an upcoming drug test and you don’t know what to expect? Now, you must be wondering why do you actually have to take one. But, there is nothing to worry about, since this is a standard procedure in the corporate world.
Drug tests look for traces of illegal substances in your blood, urine, saliva, or hair. However, urine is the most frequent type of testing. Different labs use various techniques to detect opioids in your body and it all comes down to collecting the samples.
In this article, we will go through different procedures and explain basic things, to help you deal with it. If you want to learn more about this topic, then look at www.thcauthority.com, they explained very well how drug tests work.
But, how does a urine drug test work? There are a couple of steps you’ll need to go through:
During the examination, you will most likely take the urine drug test in a bathroom prepared specifically for this purpose.
- You will get a cup from a lab technician.
- You will be asked to leave all your belongings in another room and to empty your pockets.
- In extreme cases, same-gender technician or nurse will accompany you into the bathroom, to make sure you are following the procedure.
- The technician will offer your moist cloth to clean your genital area.
- You will need to urinate at least 45 milliliters for the sample.
- When you finish this procedure, put the lid on and take the sample to the technician.
- To avoid tampering, the temperature of your urine will be measured, to ensure it is within the optimal range.
- Both, the lab technician and you need to keep visual contact with the sample at all times until it’s sealed and packed for the screening.
This type of examination is considered to be the most reliable among all drug tests. It is challenging to tamper with, and the results are fast and accurate. However, let’s see how does a hair follicle drug test work.
You can take a hair drug test in a lab, or within a hospital setting. Your workplace can also order one, and the kit will be mailed to you, and then mailed back to the lab. Additionally, you can request a test online and perform screening at home.
If your company requested that you take the hair test, then they are likely to survey the entire procedure. Many people resort to washing, dyeing, or bleaching their hair. However, this doesn’t affect the results.
After the examiner confirms your identity, he will cut up to 120 hairs from the crown of your head. The collector will take samples from various spots on your crown. In that case, you will avoid having a bald spot.
If you don’t have hair on your head or have little hair, then the technician might use body hair. The samples will be placed into the envelope and mailed for detailed screening.
Based on numerous studies, the blood test has a short detection window because the drug disappears from the blood within two days. But in some cases, marijuana can be detected after 25 days. It all depends on use, and how long you have smoked the pot before the testing.
Secondhand smoke can also affect your results. But, you need to be heavily exposed to marijuana smoke, for the results to be positive. Blood testing is performed in a lab by a skilled technician.
He will take the sample of your blood, and you can expect results in one hour.
An oral drug test kit can detect 14 various opioids, and a 6-panel saliva drug test is the most commonly used. But, let’s see how does a drug test work?
- The lab technician will provide you a drug test component similar to lollypop or a sponge.
- You will have to rub the component against your cheeks and under the tongue until there is enough saliva to collect. This process approximately lasts for two minutes.
- The collector will take the sample and insert it into a container, to perform a test panel.
You will have to wait for ten minutes for the results to be over. Once the saliva saturates the panel, it will reveal color lines, which further shows whether the test is positive or negative.