Can I just say that I learned about five hundred new things this week? Did you know that…
1. Professional makeup artists use what I can only call a power washer to apply foundation???
2. When you are a guest on a TV show in L.A., you are not required to open doors. Between the bellman and the chauffeur drivers, I didn’t have to touch a handle. I hope I remember how to do it.
3. That Ellen’s driver’s name is Billy and he drives a black mercedes SUV?
4. Hollywood Boulevard is a freak show and if you get your picture taken with Star Wars characters, they will feel you up and then ask for tips.
5. The editorial producer on the Dr. Drew show is one of the nicest most down to earth people I have ever met.
6. The Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood gives you a new can opener on a pretty plate, and a triangle pillow for your bed.
7. In flight Wi-fi is WAY better than buying a magazine. (Yes, I did both…shhh!)
8. Andrew can handle a slew of kids, making dinner, and three minutes warning before Dr. Drew asks him how he feels about my experience with GSA on the phone.
9. In order to live in L.A. you must be able to walk in heels no less than five inches.
10. The Detroit airport is the largest damn airport I’ve ever been to and whoever decided to put flights from the same carrier on the opposite end is a prick.
11. Veal in L.A. is served with black truffles.
12. The guy at Starbucks next to the hotel certainly knows how to make a girl blush.
13. The studio for the Dr. Drew show is much smaller than you realize.
14. It’s very hard to concentrate with four cameras and a thing in your ear listening to a bunch of people talk in a control room.
15. That Dr. Drew often ad libs and doesn’t read exactly what is on the prompter.
16. People who comment on Facebook about how evil and sick we are must be perfect because they are so righteous.
17. Apparently when I get fired up, I point my finger- even at celebrities.
18. I’m tired of Delta Biscuit Cookies.
19. Carly cries under stress, I act like a moron.
20. Don’t watch sappy movies on airplanes unless you want the people next to you to wonder why you are crying so much.
21. Traffic and L.A. go together like peanut butter and jelly.
22. There are airport maps at the back of those magazines in the chair in front of you.
23. Taping a live show is STRESSFUL .
24. Don’t underestimate the power of human contact to give your message- it makes a difference.
25. Go big or go home.
So glad I chose to go for it this week.